Changing operator is as easy as ABC
Becoming a VOO customer is even easier with Easy Switch.
What exactly is Easy Switch?
Easy Switch is a procedure that aims to make it easier for you to move your your Internet and TV services to another operator, as your new operator is responsible for contacting your former operator to terminate them on your behalf. The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that you, as a customer, do not suffer any service interruption or double billing during a change of operator, or at least within a timeframe acceptable to you.
In practice, if you have Internet and/or TV services with another operator, VOO will take care of terminating these services for you. With this procedure, all your Internet and TV subscriptions are terminated, so you cannot decide to keep either of these services with your former operator.
If you wish, VOO can also take care of the transfer or termination of landline and/or mobile telephone numbers held with this operator.
By using Easy Switch, you mandate VOO to terminate your services with your former operator. You can always decide to terminate your services yourself.
When ordering, have the following information at the ready:
- The customer number assigned by the operator you are leaving
- Your Easy Switch iDThe Easy Switch iD is a unique identifier that allows you to find your Internet and/or TV services at a given address. You can have several Easy Switch iDs if you have Internet/TV services at several different addresses. Without this identifier, the Easy Switch procedure cannot take place.
- The list of the landline and/or mobile telephone number(s) you wish to transfer or terminate
Did you know?
At the time of ordering or concluding your contract, you will be required to complete and sign the transfer mandate, which contains all the information VOO needs to carry out the Easy Switch procedure.
Once signed, this mandate will be sent to your former operator to terminate your services. Your former operator then has 2 days to cancel your services, as well as the associated billing. As a result, double billing is limited to a maximum of 2 working days.
Please note that you are required to fulfil all your existing contractual obligations towards the operator you are leaving. These obligations include:
- Payment of outstanding invoices.
- Payment of early termination fees (to find out if you are bound to your operator via a fixed-term contract or a repayment plan, you can consult your contract or your last bill, which contains this information).
- The return of the equipment (set-top box, modem, etc.), according to the terms defined by your former operator - in the event of non-return, your former operator may charge you additional fees.
For VOO customers, do not hesitate to call us on 078/50.50.50 or visit the VOOassistance page for more information.
Your rights in relation toEasy Switch
- Number transfer, conservation or lossAccording to the law, the loss of the telephone service provided to the subscriber during the number transfer procedure cannot exceed 1 business day. You must agree on a specific date for transferring the number with your operator. If the transfer takes more than one business day after the activation of the telephony service, or if the agreed date is not respected, you are entitled to compensation. Please contact your new operator for this purpose. For more information on your right to compensation in the event of a delay in transferring the number, please consult the following link: .
- Conservation of your email address and access to your current customer Internet accountIf you have an email address with the name of your current operator, you will have free access to your email for 18 months after the operator change. Your online personal account with your current operator remains accessible for 6 months. These services are granted by your current operator either automatically or upon request.
- Callout by a technicianWhen your new operator informs you of the need for one or more visits to your home by a technician, the technician must send you a report describing the activities carried out during these visits. This report serves as proof of his visit even in your absence. If the report of the technician's visit does not show that the technician called at the agreed time, you are entitled to compensation of €10 per missed appointment. Please contact your new operator for this purpose.
- Easy Switch allows you to choose the termination date and, if you wish, to maintain for a while the services activated with both operators; in the latter case, the operator you are leaving will continue to charge you for the services until the fixed date.
- Easy Switch organises the compensation of the consumer in the event of a no-show by a technician whose visit had been planned
Perform the operation yourselfWould you like to manage the transition yourself? Why not! We give you the possibility of completing a form that then generates your termination letter. Then simply sign and send it to your current provider.Download the model